tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Feb 25 12:14:35 1999

Re: "untamed" vocabulary from KGT

On Wed, 24 Feb 1999 21:02:00 -0800 (PST) Alan Anderson
<[email protected]> wrote:

> ja' charghwI':
> >> I recently stumbled on {ngIj} "be rowdy, unruly (v)" in KGT...
> >
> >Is this in the vocabulary list in KGT? If so, it doesn't belong
> >in the New Words List, but then, somehow I missed it for my own
> >word list, and it is missing from Holtej's pojwI'. I don't have
> >KGT with me right now. So, where is it in KGT? What is so
> >obscure about it that at least two of us missed it?
>
> As I said in my earlier message, KGT page 150 says:
>
> | A standard verb that is close in meaning [to {Duj ngaDHa'}] is
> | {ngIj} ("rowdy, unruly"), as in {tera'ngan ngIj} ("rowdy Terran").
>
> There's nothing particularly obscure about it.  It just didn't
> make it into the back of the book for some reason.  I was going
> through the idioms in KGT during a long car trip, making sure I
> would recognize them all, and I encountered an unfamiliar word
> that my PalmPilot's dictionary didn't have.  That surprised me,
> as I make it a priority to keep my dictionary as complete as is
> possible.

If you have a Palm III and if you are using JFile, be sure to
update to 3.2F before qep'a' so my IR port can talk to YOUR IR
port, assuming that we name the files differently.

> -- ghunchu'wI'

charghwI' 'utlh

Back to archive top level