tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Feb 24 20:37:07 1999

Re: "untamed" vocabulary from KGT

ja' charghwI':

As I said in my earlier message, KGT page 150 says:

| A standard verb that is close in meaning [to {Duj ngaDHa'}] is
| {ngIj} ("rowdy, unruly"), as in {tera'ngan ngIj} ("rowdy Terran").

There's nothing particularly obscure about it.  It just didn't
make it into the back of the book for some reason.  I was going
through the idioms in KGT during a long car trip, making sure I
would recognize them all, and I encountered an unfamiliar word
that my PalmPilot's dictionary didn't have.  That surprised me,
as I make it a priority to keep my dictionary as complete as is
possible.

-- ghunchu'wI'

Back to archive top level