tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Feb 24 06:18:41 1999

"untamed" vocabulary from KGT

I recently stumbled on {ngIj} "be rowdy, unruly (v)" in KGT.  To the
best of my knowledge, nobody had mentioned it on the list before.  I
wasn't aware that charghwI' missed some of the other similar words in
his attempt to capture the entire vocabulary.

Here are the rest of the words I have noticed defined in the text of
KGT that do not appear in the alphabetical listing of vocabulary at
the back of the book.

ghItlhwI' = stylus (n) KGT:p79
HuchQeD = economics (n) KGT:p146
naHnagh = pit (of a fruit) (n) KGT:p89
naHjej = thistle (n) KGT:p88 [spelled neHjej in vocab list]
QIn pup = plain spearhead with a single sharp point (n) KGT:p64
QIn vagh = spearhead with multiple points (n) KGT:p64
tlhach mu'mey = jargon (n) KGT:p45
vIq = battle, combat (abstract) (n) KGT:p47

For completeness, here's one that has variant spelling on the two
sides of the vocabulary list.

jorneb = warhead (of a missile) (n) KGT:p37 [spelled jornub in the
  Klingon-to-English side of the vocab list]

-- ghunchu'wI'

Back to archive top level