tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Feb 22 22:12:42 1999

Re: KLBC: 'Iv & nuq

In a message dated 2/23/99 12:43:16 AM Eastern Standard Time, sniper@t-
kagin.net writes:

<< Is it possible for the words {'Iv} and {nuq} to be used in sentences
 that are not questions?  I'm trying to translate Abbot and Costello's
 'Who's on first' sketch (yes I know, I'm being silly again), and the
 comedy value rapidly deteriorates if {'Iv} and {nuq} can only be used as
 questions.

As far as TKD, I recall these words acting as nouns for the purpose of
prefixes, but not saying they are nouns.  That sketch is one of the funniest I
have ever seen by a comedian.  RIght up there with "choppin' broccoli."

T'Lod

Back to archive top level