tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Feb 18 22:11:28 1999

Re: Hello

In a message dated 2/18/1999 9:21:52 PM US Mountain Standard Time,
[email protected] writes:

<< beq pong 'oH'a' DalQIS'e'?

 >gor'al wIpong
 >qepDaq tev gheSmeH gor'al, *raffle tickets* DIngevpu'
 >*Praying Hands Ranch*vaD Hoch Huchvetlh wInobpu'

 Something about the use of {-pu'} here confuses me a little.  It looks
 like you had sold the tickets and given the money away before you chose
 the prize, but I'm pretty sure that's not what you intended to say. >>

HIja'
beq be' pong 'oH mu' {DalQIS}'e'

Okay. Here is a challenge.  Make a course on where you have learned to place
aspect in complex sentences and send it to me.  I have consistently, as long
as we have been part of KLI, been using aspect markers in the main clauses.

peHruS

Back to archive top level