tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Feb 16 21:09:31 1999

Re: gauntlets

ja' muHwI':
>All military organizations through human history have used acronyms.

"All"?  Tell me, what does a Korean acronym look like? :-)

>Is it a really stretch that Klingons would?

We don't even have any evidence that Klingons use letters to spell
words.  Syllabaries and pictographs don't lend themselves very well
to the use of acronyms; the "real" pIqaD might not either.

>ja'qa' NoIcon,
>> One notes a strong similarity between the style of Klingon
>> (so faras I have seen thus far)
>> and the Oriental languages, especially Japanese.
>Still, only the Okudas know what should be best here.
>
>Mike is of Japanese descent, it could be hoped that someday,
>he would grace us with the time & effort it would take
>to "re-discover" the nature of pIqaD.

So if the nature of pIqaD is that it's a pictographic system similar
to Japanese, would you agree that acronyms are unlikely?

-- ghunchu'wI'

Back to archive top level