tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Feb 15 18:04:56 1999

Re: gauntlets

>ja' TPO,
>> The markings on the gauntlets in pictures that I have seen do not
>> completely match the characters we use in the font which is available
>> from the KLI. Contrary to what some people believe, the symbols on
>the
>> show and the symbols in the KLI font are different.
>> Some are the same.  Some are similar.Some are different.
>> Some are the same shape but rotated.
><KLIP>
>> Also, look at the symbols in the Star Trek Encyclopedia, under"written
>> languages".  There are a few there that are not in the KLI font.
>ta' Hol DOES change, from Emperor to Emperor.
>Perhaps the restoration of the clone Kahless has changed recent fonts?
>> There is one that looks close to the  ng; also looks like a rotated
>ch.
>> Thats the shape used on the gauntlet (turned sideways).
>> As we already know, these symbols don't mean anything.
>NOT THAT THEY WILL ADMIT TO.
>(Either from sheer lazyness, or VIACOMS Legal shennanigans.)
>
>> And because they ARE different from the symbols used the KLI font,
>> how can we speculate,even forfun?
>NOW REALLY DloraH!
>This coming from someone who not only has {notjegh} on his license
>plate, but works for an International organization whose only signage
>is done as a combination of ACRONYMS!
>
>tIqlij tlhIngan Da'angnIS!
>
>All military organizations through human history have used acronyms.
>Is it a really stretch that Klingons would?
>It could easily be a universal efficiency.
>We even have a clipped language as well!
>
>It is no greater effort than say, making an Imperial Uniform,
>or a turtle nachlij...

Why do people keep mis-reading my messages?

I'm not saying that we can't use acronyms.
I am not saying that we can't use pIqaDHey.
I am saying that the font used on the show is different than the font from
the KLI.  We can not decipher what is on the show by using the KLI font.
You can not use english characters to decipher something which is written
using russian characters.  They both have the symbols  b, N, etc but they
don't represent the same sounds in both languages.

(what does my [ not jegh ] licence plate have to do with pIqaD?)

I have nothing against pIqaD.  I use it too.  Just don't try to decipher one
font by using another font.

DloraH

Back to archive top level