tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Feb 16 17:03:12 1999

RE: qep'a' pa' qoch vInej

jatlh peHruS:

<< Don't we have the phrase /cha'vatlh ben HIq/ from canon somewher >>

> I believe we do have such a phrase.  All numbers over ten (-maH)
> have spaces in them.  Perhaps there is no consistency.

This would be a good time to point out that the writing system we use is NOT
pIqaD. It is a way for non-Klingon linguists to record spoken Klingon. Since
we have no idea what "real" pIqaD is, we don't how it marks word boundaries,
if it does at all. As such, this debate is rather pointless - <cha'ben> and
<cha' ben> *sound* exactly the same.

pagh
Beginners' Grammarian

Back to archive top level