tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Feb 15 12:24:35 1999

Re: KLBC:convert

The BG has answerde it, so now we may attack too, right?
I don't want to contradict the BG, I'm just adding ;-)

>post, means "a noise", and not "noise" in general.
I dunno if you speak German, but some other people do:
If I got it right, {wab} is "Geräusch" but not "Lärm" - is that correct? In
english, the difference is not very clear to me.

>> How do I do sentences with two objects and no subject?
>What do you want to do?
That sounds interesting :-) What would it be, anyway??

>> Is there a word for Character(letter)?
>Not that I know of. However, since we don't know how the "real" Klingon
>pIqaD works, there may be no such thing as a "letter".
The closest I can think of, is {Degh} "medal, emblem, symbol, insignia"
It also mean "improvise", so why not :-)

>> lab 'oghwI' bIlI'
>> Transmitted from 'oghwI' to you.
Is that your sentence with two objects and no subject?? To me, it's not
clear *who* transmitted the data.
{'oghwI'vaD De' DalI'ta'} "You have transmitted the data to 'oghwI'"
{SoHvaD 'oghwI'vo'...} Ah!... now I see what you want! Hm, difficult. It
depends WHO sent the data.
Do you wanna use that for your emails you send?
{SoHvaD De'(vam) ngeHta'/labta' 'oghwI'} "'oghwI' transitted this data to
you"

Is this about what you wanted??

>This sentence has two verbs, so it needs to be
>two sentences: <lab 'oghwI'. bIlI'.>
No. I am not sure about lab/lI', but that sounds weird: "'oghwI' sends data.
You send data" (?)

>> 'oghwI' juH
>> 'oghwI's home.
>
>maj. 'oghwI' juH Dabba' 'oghwI'.