tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Feb 10 14:50:02 1999

Re: Monster verb construction - does this work?

In a message dated 2/10/99 9:15:03 AM US Eastern Standard Time,
[email protected] writes:

> I ... doubt it even expresses a coherent thought ...
>
>     bIHup'eghnISbe'qa'moHlaHbejtaHneS'a'

I understand it to mean:

‘Sir/madam, is it certain that you can still make it unnecessary to punish
yourself
again?’

For example, you *might* say this to someone who (like Oedipus) thought it was
necessary to punish himself once, and is doing his best not to have to do it
again.

--jey'el

Back to archive top level