tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Feb 09 20:26:48 1999

Re: Complex Sentences

>A few problems:
>
>If I were to say "they stop working" would it be <vum 'e' lumev> (they
>work, they stop it.)

va'!  bIlugh.  Yes, I should have put lu- on there.
(using the language at work I picked up the habit of using clipped klingon)

><loD> is singular, shouldn't it be loDpu'? <Hoch loD> is "all of the man",
>as opposed to just his arm.

[Hoch loD] is not [all of the man], its [every man]
[loD naQ] would be [all of the man], (as opposed to just his arm)

This sentence could be written with the -pu' or not.
[Hoch loDpu'] would be [all the men (stop working)]
[Hoch loD] would be [each man (stops working)]

>The sentence said "go home" not "come home" so it should be <jaH>

ghoS  is more than just come.
Sure jaH can be used.

ghoS doesn't really have an english equivalent.
ghoS:  approach, go away from, proceed, come, follow (a course), thrust

over time you will come to understand  ghoS

I would stick with ghoS for this sentence

>*** I *really* wish I knew about <-DI'> ***
>
>The new sentence would read:
>
>		SISDI' vum 'e' lumev Hoch loDpu' 'ej juH jaH

It works.

DloraH

Back to archive top level