tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Dec 30 07:04:25 1999

re: to pagh's answer to 2nd attempt

I sent this but without an english translation so I'll send it again
this time with English
jatlh pagh
:OK, I wish you had included the English here as well. I'm not quite :sure
:what you are trying to say.
good point I thought that I was at the point where you would know what I was talking about--but I guess not =] *sigh* oh well

pagh , if you didn't understand this statment it might be because I ment it as a response to an insult jeyD called someone a "nuvHom QIp" (and that someone couldn't speak klingon and couldn't answer for himself.) This insult that I felt warented a warriors response (there is no honor in insulting some small weakling anything ("there is no honor in killing a Qa'hom" ))

Quch 'oH QISmaSlIj vIneH ( lit. <I want your christmas to be happy>)
MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR!

<pagh,I posted this once but you might have busy--I mean the GB is the buziest person on this mailing list (I kept the rest of the message so you could view it in context) and there is another old post also that I dont think you answered after this one>

> pagh if you could anylize my sentence..... and jeyD this is my >warriors answer to you
>>jatlh jeyD: <<jatlh nuvHom QIp >>
>>> How do I unsubscribe?

>>tetlhvam DamuvHa'laH!  BWA HA HA HA HA HA HA HAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

>>jIqejqu'!  BWA HA HA HA HA HA HA HAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

>>ijeyD
jatlh pagh

>jIjatlh
>nuvHom tIch neH ghewHom 'ej lo'laHbe'ba' 'oH 'ach lo'laH 'oH
>mup DaSwIj bing DaQ. vaj nuvHom batlh law' ghewHom  batlh puS

: Minor stuff first: I think you meant <bIngDaq>
:rather than <bIng DaQ>. <bIngDaq> is "under", while <bIng DaQ> is "the
:ponytail of the area under", which is just weird.

you are right so I fixed that (below)

:<batlh> is not a verb - you want <quv> here.
oops another good point fixed below
this is after I read your responce so hopfully I fixed all the errors

>ghuy'cha'!!
>jIHech
>nuvHom tIch ghewHom neH 'ej lo'laHbe'ba' 'oH 'ach lo'laH 'oH
>mup DaSwIj bIngDaQ. vaj nuvHom quv law' ghewHom  quv puS
           pagh, DaH qar'a' pabwIj
>                chavta'ngav

(this time ill put it in english)
---> only a knat insults a small weakling humanoid and it (the bug) is --->obviously worthless but it worth is being "crushed" under my boot. --->therefore the small bug has more honor than the weakling humanoid --->does

The 2 questions that I have with this one are:
1)I wanted <crushed under my boot> and used <mup> (hit) is there a
word that gives a better meaning of crush? <tlhaw'> meybe??
2)I also wanted to say something with <except>  but couldn't figure out how to do it so I obviously rephrased it but how would I have said that?? <its obviously worthless except to be crushed under my boot>?--does what I said carry that meaning or is there a better way to express it?

and this is something posted 22 nov 99. I dont think your E-mail was working then--and besides I dont know how you handle all of the BG traffic anyway, I certainly couldn't but if you could critique it (keep in mind its a month ago and ive learned quite a bit since then)
(the first part is to show it in context, the second part are my sentences)

jIjatlh
>>>jatlh qa'ral
>>qajunpaQDaj Ho'nISlu'bej 'ach wej qaDwI'vam SaHnISlaw' HoDma'
>  (my translation to avoid miscommunications-until im good enough)
>-->I certainly admire your audacity, however our captain apparently
>-->needs not to be concerned yet about this challenge of mine

I have since learned that a better translation would be:
  (he answered me back !!!)

( One certainly has to admire his audacity, but I don't think our captain need worry about this challenger as yet.  )

pagh--these are the sentences that I wrote a month ago that I ask you to look at

>my response to him
>bIjatlh ghaj jIH <<qajunpaQ>>
>-->you said I show audacity
>bI lugh 'a tlhIngan jIHqu' 'e' bIlugh bISovmoH meq
>-->you are right but the reason you are is....I'M A KLINGON !!!
>butlh vIghaj 'e' vISov jIH 'ej vaj tiq
>-->I know I have dirt under my fingernails (gall) and the heart of a
>-->warrior
>qatlh <<qaDwI'vam>> mu' chojatlh SoH?
>-->why did you say the word <<qaDwI'vam>>?
>    did you mean--> *this challenge of mine*? or *this my challenge*?
>tugh lugh vIneH jIH vaj <<qaDlI'vam>> DaHech SoH
>-->I want to be right, so... did you intend <<qaDlI'vam>>
                                  * this challenge of yours*?

 the one question I have about the above sentences above are several axamples of a pronoun and a verb prefix <vISov jIH> <chojatlh SoH> <vIneH jIH> <DaHech SoH>---should I drop the pronoun since the prefix carries the meaning or should it be included

>  paq....please criticize my sentences
>     and qa'ral.... is that what you meant?

as I said qa'ral answered me so I know what he meant and where I was
making any errors in translating his statements but how were my sentences??

          chavta'ngav

Back to archive top level