tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Dec 25 19:45:36 1999

Re: KLBC, Comparatives & Superlatives

On Fri, 17 Dec 1999 14:10:15 -0500 Nicolau Rodrigues
<[email protected]> wrote:

>    I'm Nicolau, but you can name me {ghaHbe'wI'}, and
> this is my first mail to you, so I would be pleased if
> you correct me any mistake I do in Klingon or English
> (I'm Catalan, so it's not my native language).

maj. *Catalan* ghaH *Gaudy* je, qar'a'? HutmaHben qachmey
'IHqu' chenmoH.

>    On page 70 and 71 of TKD are explained the
> comparatives and superlatives in {tlhIngan Hol}, but I
> think it's a very restricted way to do them, and every
> language has different ways to express anything, and its
> speakers chooses them depending on the context or their
> point of emphasis.

They are extremely limited. This is simply a feature of the
language. I'll let pagh, the Beginner's Grammarian take it
from here.

>    Waiting for your responses, good bye.
> Enviado desde http://www.LatinMail.com. Tu correo latino.

charghwI'