tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Dec 25 12:08:17 1999

Re: KLBC two semi-old posts to be critiqued please

jenwI':

: Also, what's the difference between nuv & ghot?

Here's how the two words have been used by Okrand:

{nuv}  person (humanoid)

  butlh ghajbogh nuv'e' yIHo'
  Admire the person with dirt under his fingernails. TKW

{ghot}  person (humanoid)

  ghotpu' tamey
  Personnel Files (ST:Communicator)

  reH tay' ghot tuqDaj je
  One is always of his tribe.
  ("A person and his house are always together.") TKW

  ghotvam Ho'lu'. 'ej muSlu'.
  A man to admire... and hate. ST5 (MO notes)

  wey jolpat: wa' (jav ghotpu')
  Personnel Transporter - 1 (6 Man)  [BoP Poster]

I can't see any difference between the two, other than the fact that Okrand
uses {ghot} more often.  Until Maltz explains the difference, I'd just pick
one and use it.  Personally, I'd use {ghot}.

--
Voragh
Ca'Non Master of the Klingons

Back to archive top level