tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Dec 13 06:27:48 1999

Re: Nautical Directions/Navigation

>>changing wI- to ma- doesn't make it clipped.
>>with or without -Daq, it should be wI-.
>
>No.  That's not what I meant.  I meant that the sentence can be
>interpereted as:
>
>   "nImbuS wej maghoS"  We are going to Nimbus III.  "He yInab."  Plot the
>course.

no it can't because you can't have ma- without -Daq when you have an object
in the sentence (nImbuS wej)
If it was clipped you wouldn't bother with the ma- either.

>>If you do use ma- then you have to use -Daq,
>
>Not so.  When useing "ghoS", the "Daq" suffix is not requiered.

If you have ma- on the ghoS you do! (if there is an object)

nImbuS wej wIghoS
- we go to Nimbus III

nImbuS wejDaq wIghoS
- we go to Nimbus III

nImbuS wejDaq maghoS
- ON Nimbus III, we are going (somewhere)

nImbuS wej maghoS
[This combination is not allowed]

DloraH

Back to archive top level