tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Dec 06 16:02:48 1999

RE: Klingon Komparative/KLBC

jatlh quljIb:

> SoH Sov law' jIH Sov puS,
> 'ej matlh Sov law'qu' maH Hoch Sov puSqu'.
>
> I'm trying to express this statement: "Your knowlege is
> greater than mine, and Maltz knows more than all of us."
>
> I wasn't certain <Sov> could be used as a noun. (It's not
> listed as such in my copy of TKD.)

Actually, it is. Check your addendum.

> I was under the impression that one could compare two
> sentences/clauses.

Nope. law'/puS can only be used to compare nouns, and you have to choose a
quality to base the comparison on. HomDoq's (?) suggestion of <SoH Sov Doj
law' jIH Sov Doj puS, ...> is probably the best way to say this. You could
also consider something like <SoH po' law' jIH po' puS>.

pagh
Beginners' Grammarian

tlhIngan Hol Mailing List FAQ