tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Aug 30 19:05:47 1999

RE: vIng/KLBC

jatlh qultoQ:

> well, trying to get back into the swing of things a
> little, wouldja mind correcting my [attempted translation]?

It might be more fun if pIl'o' did it (hint, hint), but here goes . . .

> DaH tachDaq jIghoSnISlI'.
> now bar`[loc.] i`comefrom`need`[ip.]
> ?[now i'm needing to leave for the bar]

maj.

> jIvumnISchoHqa'.
> i`work`comefrom`[change]`again
> ?[i'm working there again]

This one uses two type 3 suffixes - bad. Fortunately, the <-choH> can be
dropped without a problem. Your translation was fine.

> Qu'meywIj DelmeH tlhIngan Hol mu'na' vIneH.
> task`[pl.]`mine describe`[for] klingon
> language word`definite it:it`want
> ?[i want to describe my job in klingon]

maj.

> ghaytan  mu'vetlh (mu'vam?) nunobchu'meH
> *Dr. M.O. not botlhob.
> likely it:me`that/those (it:they`this/these)
> it:us`give`perfectly`for *okrand* never you:it`ask
[?]

I'll let pIl'o' explain this one.

> Qu'vatlh!
> task`that {sic?}
> ?[that job!]

ghobe'. <Qu'vatlh> is an invective. It's quite a bit stronger than "oh,
darn!".

> jIpaSqu'!
> i`*paS*`[emp.]!
> ?[i *paS* !!]