tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Aug 30 11:17:46 1999

Re: Re: qay' aspect jay'! Part I

ja' peHruS:
>*aspect QIjmeH loQ Hutlh tlhIngan Hol mu'ghom 'e' vIvIngDI' jIHvaD Sura',
>jatlh:  TKD neH yIlaD, naQ qeSDaj.

  "The Klingon language dictionary [slightly?] lacks [something?]
  to explain aspect.  As soon as I whine that, you all order for my
  benefit, it says:  Read only TKD, its advice is complete."

nuqjatlh?  There's either a missing or misspelled word in the first
phrase, and I don't know who the subject of {jatlh} is meant to be.
(While "whine" doesn't sound right to me with an object, I think I
understand what you're trying to say with it.)  I'm going to assume
that you meant something like this:

  "Whenever I complain because TKD's explanation of aspect is not
  complete, you all tell me that it *is* complete."

If that's not what you meant, let me know.  If that is what you meant,
my response to you is a simple question.  What tells you that Okrand's
intent for Klingon aspect is anything more than what he says it means?

I am having a great deal of difficulty following the rest of your note,
so I am not going to address it.  Any answers I have would be based on
my best guess as to what you meant, and we both know that I'm not a very
good guesser when it comes to your intent.  If you want to continue your
exploration of Klingon aspect, I will gladly discuss it in English.

-- ghunchu'wI' 'utlh

Back to archive top level