tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Aug 29 17:21:58 1999

KLBC/why i speak klingon

'nother translation attempt...incomplete cuz dinnit really want to do the
-qultoQ

qechlIj vIyaj.
idea`your i:it`understand.
?[i understand what youre expressing]

tlhIngan Hol vIHaDchoHDI', Hov leng muchwI'pu' vIyajmeH vIHaD.
klingon i:it`study`beganto`when, startrek present`my`[perf.]
i:it`understand`b/c i:it`study
?[i began to study klingon when {i recieved star trek}? i udnerstand it
b/c i study it]

qaStaHvIS poHvetlh Hov leng vItIvqu', vaj wa' jaj tlhIngan Hol mu'ghom
vIje'.
occur`[cont.]`while that`time startrek i:it`enjoy`[emp.], hence one day
klingon dictionary i:it`buy{should this be vIje'pu'?}
?[at the time, i happened to very much enjoy startrek, so one day i
bought a klingon dictionary]

jIghojmeH jabbI'IDghomvamvaD jIjeSchoH.
i`learn`b/c datatransmission`group`this`for i`participate`begin
{jIjeSchoHpu'?}
?[b/c i learned about this mailing list i joined]

Hoch jaj law'qu' QInmey tugh 'e' vItu'.
every day bmany`[emp.] QIn`[pl.] dass i:it`find
?[there are many things that i find/notice every day]

nom cha' ngoDmeyna' vItlhoj:
quickly two fact`[pl.]`[def.] i:it`realize
?[very soon, i realized two things]

ngoDna' wa': QIvchu' mu'ghomqoqwIj.
fact`[def.] one: binferior`clearly dictionary`socalled`my
?[fact one: my 'dictionary' was obviously not good enough]

DOW 'oH mu'ghomqoqvetlh chaq 'e' Daqaw.
DOW it dictionary`socalled`that perhaps that you:them`remember
[?]

vaj mu'tay' lugh vInaw'laHmeH <pojwI'> vISuq.
hence, vocabulary bcorrect i:it`access`laH`for analysis`my i:it`acquire
[?]

ngoDna' cha': Qatlhbe' tlhIngan Hol 'e' vIpIH.
fact`[def.] two: bdifficult`not klingon that i:it`expected.
?[fact two: i expected that klingon was not difficult]

le'be' tlhIngan Hol 'e' vIpIH.
bexceptional`not klingon that i:it`expected
?[i expected that klingon was not that different]

jImujchu' 'e' vItu'!
i`bwrong`clearly that i:it`find
?[i found that i was clearly wrong!]

wa' QIn vIlaDmeH poH nI' vIpoQ.
two QIn i:it`read`for time long i:it`require
?[it required a long time for me to read it]