tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Aug 25 11:15:07 1999

Re: Shakespeare

On Wed, 25 Aug 1999 12:29:06 -0500 Steven Boozer
<[email protected]> wrote:

> : Has anyone mooted over the idea of a Klingonist Shakespeare company?
> : If not, why not. Only kidding. That's probably me on an act of whimsy
> : again.
> :
> : Kathleen
>
> Don't laugh.  I believe that selected scenes from the KLI's Klingon Hamlet
> have
> been performed at qep'a' (the KLI's annual conference) and a couple of
> Klingon-themed Trek conventions by fan clubs.  Certainly all or part of
> Hamlet's infamous soliloquy.

ghuy'Do wa' recited the soliloquy at a truely staggering pace
several years ago, and a year later I had the honor of playing
Hamlet in the big death scene at the end. It was an all-star
cast including ~mark, Qov, David Barron, Holtej and... Mark...
M... ummm. of Dragon-Speech-recognition fame...? I'm probably
forgetting someone and I really don't mean to dishonor anyone.
It has been a few years.

Of course, the highlight for me was the swordfight with Holtej...

Having Qov for a mother was pretty interesting, too...

> --
> Voragh
> Ca'Non Master of the Klingons

charghwI' 'utlh