tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Aug 25 10:31:20 1999

Re: Shakespeare

: Has anyone mooted over the idea of a Klingonist Shakespeare company?
: If not, why not. Only kidding. That's probably me on an act of whimsy
: again.
:
: Kathleen

Don't laugh.  I believe that selected scenes from the KLI's Klingon Hamlet
have
been performed at qep'a' (the KLI's annual conference) and a couple of
Klingon-themed Trek conventions by fan clubs.  Certainly all or part of
Hamlet's infamous soliloquy.

If you search the list archives for "Hamlet" and "Shakespeare" (or {SeQpIr} to
give him his original Klingon name), you'll find the threads discussing
performances, either past or future.  While you're at it, also search for "To
be or not to be" {taH pagh taHbe'}, "soliloquy", "Macbeth" (someone was
translating this play a while ago), "undiscovered country" (the reference from
Hamlet III.1 which Gorkon mentioned in ST6), as well as "Much Ado" and
"{paghmo'}" to catch all possible Shakespearian threads which come up from
time
to time on this list.

--
Voragh