tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Aug 23 13:44:56 1999

Re: Learning like children [KLBC?]

> ja' [pongDaj vIlIj]:
> > yInlIj tIqjaj 'ej bIchepjaj! 'ach bIHeghtaHvIS, bIHaghjaj!

> ja' pagh:
> This should be <tIqjaj yInlIj ...>, unless of course you have a glass in
> your raised hand. Toasts in Klingon have special grammar, putting the verb
> *after* the subject rather than before it, but this grammar applies only to
> toasts, and not every sentence with <-jaj> on the verb.

pagh,
    I've never seen this rule before, or if I did the concept got lost
somewhere.
.
yabwIjvo' Hop De'Heyvetlh. chaq vIlIjchu'pu'mo'  yabwIj  ghoDlu'ta'.

[if <naQ> means "be full, entire", is there a verb for "be full, stuffed"?
As <chIm> means "be empty, deserted", would <chImHa'> mean "be populated" and
could it also denote "be full", as in "to fill a thing to its capacity"?]

Where is this rule discussed/explained in canon sources?
qatlho'

pIl'o'

Back to archive top level