tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Aug 18 07:21:16 1999

Re: greetings

ja' "S'Qal":
> to wrap up, i have a question that will get you thinking pagh, and probably
>  the rest of you as well,  ghunchu'wI', chargh'wI' voragh
>  and the others, as well as sparking responses from peHruS, QuljIb and
pI'lo.

>  heh heh heh. so here goes:
>  what are the 'names' of the letters in the klingon alphabet? (ie in
english
>  we have 'ay' 'bee' 'see' 'cue' 'ess' 'double-u' 'wy' etc).
>  most of them for all intents and puposes would be the same, like a, t, y,
>  etc, but it gets kind of tedious saying 'big q', 'little q', and
>  'apostrophe' (not to mention 'the t-l-h ligature'!), so do they have names?

Not as such, but here's a list *I* stink works well:

b-baS
ch-chal
D-DeS
gh-ghop
H-HoH
j-jat
l-law'
m-mIn
n-nagh
ng-ngem
p-pong
q-qul :-)
Q-Qapla!
r-rIn
S-Sor
t-tIn
tlh-tlhuH
v-veng
w-wam
y-yay
'-'etlh

Of course, *I* maintain that Klingon is written more like Chinese and so
would have no actual letters.

quljIb

P.S. pongwIj mu'DuvaD yIpItlh!  *quljIb* 'oH 'ej *QuljIb* 'oHbe'qu'!

Back to archive top level