tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Aug 10 09:49:32 1999

Another question for pagh (KLBC)

pagh,

Okay then, what about prepositional phrases? Does the p.p. become the object
of the sentence and therefore become the first thing said?

Example: (In english because I'm on a fact finding mission!): I gave my
really powerful phaser to the soldier.

<<To the soldier my really powerful phaser I gave it>>. That sounds REALLY
wierd, but is it correct? If it is then I don't have a problem (per say)
except that I have to get used to it. Do we use <<Daq>> as the preposition,
you know giving it <<to>>? I thought that <<Daq>> was a locator for a noun
as in "Go to the store" (To the store, you go there.). Like I said, if the
only thing I have to do is get used to it, then so be it. I've learned to
adjust to more difficult things than this. I just don't want to sound like a
*Pakled* speaking Klingon with a bad accent! So if you could spare (a few
more) words of wisdom on this fledgling Klingon student, it'd be much
appreciated!

ngenDa' la'

Back to archive top level