tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Aug 10 07:48:09 1999

Re: KLBC

On Sun, 8 Aug 1999 01:37:28 EDT [email protected] wrote:

> In a message dated 8/8/99 1:31:33 AM Eastern Daylight Time, [email protected]
> writes:
>
> << ja pagh
>
>  comment from another post I made "so palm pilot I purchase it not". would
>  this be correct.... vaj,toch De'wI' vIje'be'..? I'm tryin' to practice
>  recasting since that seems to be very important because of the limited
>  vocabulary to work with.    Also to think more Klingon.   trIQ
>
>   >>

> not to infringe on the work of pagh here...
>
> I prefer the WinCE machines,

I wince at WinCE. De'wI'na' Da De'wI'Hom 'e' nIDDI' De'wI'Hom
luj. rIgh. De'wI'Hom Qu'na' yajchu' toch wej jonwI'pu'.

> if only for the mini-Office apps and familiarity
> to windows, and a keyboard.

If it has a keyboard, it is not in the same class of portability
as the Palm III.

> Even the ones without a keyboard are cool, since
> they play mp3's and are in color.

Yes. They will record several seconds of music before your
memory is full and that color screen will stay lit for several
minutes before the battery goes dead. Even if my Palm IIIx could
record music, I'd want to use the RAM for other stuff.

A normal pair of AAA batteries last weeks in a Palm III. And if
I want to play music, I bring my Mini-Disk player. It is about
the same size and does that task better with 74 minutes per disk
or 148 minutes in mono. Great for language tapes, since I can
put track markers where I want...

I can buy a Pilot and a MD player for the cost of a WinCE and
not be chained to a recharger. Take a two week vacation and not
recharge once.

> But I would like to see a Palm Pilot
> Klingon Translator sometime ('ej toch tlhIngan mu'ghom vIlegh vIneH).  maj.
>
> tu'loD

charghwI' 'utlh

Back to archive top level