tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Aug 06 03:19:45 1999

RE: Hello

Since it is sort of a military game, Die well as the last prhase would make
make sense. The meH in the second phrase definitly had me confused. It
seemed very out of place, and I was not sure what he waas trying to convey.
Isn't meH to bridge of a ship? I thought maybe he was trying to use that as
a leadership methaphor (I am very new at this). Thanks for your help.

Angela

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]]On Behalf Of
Alan Anderson
Sent: None
To: Multiple recipients of list
Subject: Re: Hello

ja' "Angela Anuszewski" <[email protected]>:
>	naDev tlhInganpu' tu'lu'. Hechlu' meH QaQ jajvam! maj Hegh!

The first sentence is taken verbatim from the "Useful Klingon Phrases"
appendix of The Klingon Dictionary, and it means "There are Klingons
around here."

The second is apparently supposed to be the phrase {Heghlu'meH QaQ jajvam},
found in The Klingon Way, meaning "It is a good day to die."

The last sentence is...odd.  I *think* it's intended to mean "Die well",
but it is actually an exclamation meaning "ok, fine" followed by either
the noun "death" or the verb "he dies".  It would probably be better as
{batlh yIHegh}, "Die with honor", or better yet as {batlh bIHeghjaj},
"May you die with honor."

-- ghunchu'wI' 'utlh

Back to archive top level