tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Apr 20 08:48:09 1999

tlhIngan HovQeD (Klingon astrology/astronomy)

quljIb wrote:
>> Or the "hours" could even be names for Qo'noSian constellations:
>> the Hour of the Targ, the Hour of the Sark, the Hour of the Norg,
>> the Hour of the Pipius,...you get the idea.
>
>Purely for the fun of it, I came up with the ten astrological signs of
>Klingon Astromony and their related elements:
>
><Hovghom> "sign":		<Hap> "element":
>
>Sargh   "the Horse"		Sor  "wood"
>wamwI'  "the Hunter"		baS  "metal"
>targh   "the Boar"		nagh "stone"
>toQ     "the Eagle"		qul  "fire"
>pipyuS  "the Crab"		bIQ  "water"
>lung    "the Serpent"		Sor  "wood"
>'etlh   "the Sword"		baS  "metal"
>min'or  "the Ox"		nagh "stone"
>vIghro' "the Cat (Tiger)"	qul  "fire"
>norgh   "the Shark"		bIQ  "water"
>
>> Naturally the is all speculation. The clerics at Borath would probably
>> know such things.

Funny you should mention Boreth.  We do know the name of one Klingon
constellation from KCD ("ST:Klingon").  It is {ghochwI'} "The Tracker",
which is also the title of a sculpture in Torghn's house, a 3D
representation of the constellation.  According to the Kahless myth, this
constellation contains the bright star Boreth orbits that Kahless pointed
to when he left his followers.

--
Voragh
Ca'Non Master of the Klingons