tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Apr 19 22:04:12 1999

Re: Kagga's Crown (was Re: Klingonaase)

>ja' Voragh:
>>There was also an emperor Kagga, who led an unsuccessful revolt and was
>>under sentence of death but was allowed accession to the throne for 20
>>minutes. He had his "crown" burned into his flesh before execution.
>
>I recall that he was permitted to reign for a twentieth part of a day.
>Ford's description of the Empire includes the detail that Emperors are
>permitted to choose the material of their crown.  Kagga had his branded
>on, presumably so that nobody could take it from him even after he was
>executed.
>
>-- ghunchu'wI'

I wonder if this means that 1/20th of a Klingon day equals 1 Klingon hour
according to Ford's vision of the Klingons.  (1/24th of a Terran day is 1
Terran hour after all.)  A "twentieth part of a day" is an odd period of
time otherwise.  Allowing someone to reign for one hour before being
executed seems fitting.

--
Voragh
Ca'Non Master of the Klingons