tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Apr 19 08:33:15 1999

Re: bIrel toQDuj 'oH'a' <Karagga>'e'

At 02:01 PM 4/16/99 -0700, you wrote:
>Resonding to SuSvaj:
>
>Now that you mention it, I do remember that the BoP Kirk and Co. took from
>the Klingons was markedly smaller than the Enterprise.  Looks to me as
>though THAT ship was B'Rel class and it's more likely that the IDF* Karagga
>was K'Vort class. The "twelve offericers plus crew and/or troops (not
>counted)" goes a long way toward explaining the presence of only 12 escape
>pods. I'm willling to bet that on a K'vort class BoP there are only 12
>COMISSIONED Officers.

jIQochtaH.  tlharghDuj 'oHmo' Qugh toQDuj, mach.  'ach ghaytan Dujvetlh QaS
tIn law', wa'maH beq tIn puS.  ghaytan loSmaH SuvwI'pu' ghaj bIrel toQDuj'e'.

Well...I don't think so.  The STIII BoP was smaller yes, but that's because
it's a scout ship.  However, I beleave it could hold more than 12 men.  And
that is what I beleave Sulu ment by "12 officers and men".  That is he ment
12 officers plus the crewmen.  As for the Karagga, and Dukat's BoP being
K'Vort class, I doubt it.  We have seen K'vort Class vessels in
"Yesterday's Enterprise" and "A matter of Honor".  And they were only
slightly smaller thatn the Enterprise-D.  They would likely have crews of a
few hundred.

SuSvaj

Back to archive top level