tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Nov 30 14:55:10 1998

Re: KLBC : tlhaQ

On Sun, 29 Nov 1998 11:20:47 -0800 (PST) [email protected] wrote:

> Nic asks :
>
> tISmoQ choH tlhIngan 'ar
>
> I could not find the correct word for lightbulb in the dictionary so tISmoQ -
> "light sphere" is the closest I can find.

Look a little closer at that definition and consider that
"light" means different things in English. Also, note the part
of speech here and recognize that you can't really jam different
parts of speech together to make new words.

> Please mail me with any amusing answers - providing you can understand my
> grammer :-)
>
> Qapla', ghot quv!
>
> Nic

charghwI' 'utlh