tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Nov 29 22:31:14 1998

Re: KLBC: jIbom

lab HovqIj:

>>> vaj *SuD-s* vIbom.
>> nuq 'oH *SuD-s*'e'??
> blue-s 8-)

I guess I am part of that group that just doesn't easily get cross-language
puns like that. Many of Lawrence's jokes just look really strange until
someone tells me they are jokes.

>>> muvuv nuv muj 'a qImHa' ghot potlh
>> I don't think <muj> can be used as an adjective
>> like this. Perhaps <ram> would work here.
> I was aware of this, too. However, I liked the double <u>

If you want to call it poetic license, go ahead. Also consider <Qut>,
<chu'>, <ru'>, <puS>, etc.

>>> laDwI', yInna' 'oHchugh yInlIj, yItIvqu'.
>> I don't quite understand this. Perhaps you mean
>> <yInvam 'oHchugh yInlIj>...
> I meant: "If your life is a real life". I think
> that's what I said.

That is what you said. I was too wrapped up in what *I* thought you were
trying to say that I ignored what you were really saying.

>> majQa'. pupbe' pablIj, 'ach HoSghaj qechlIj.
> Qugh 'oH pabwIj'e'. pab napqu' vIlo'Ha'. jIqeqnIS jay'.

rejmorgh yIDaQo'. wa' Saghbogh Qagh neH vItu'. qatu'moHDI', SIbI' Daghov.
ram HochHom Qaghmey. bIqeqnIS, 'ach Sabchu'be' laHlIj.

pagh
Beginners' Grammarian

Back to archive top level