tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Nov 28 23:20:13 1998

RE: (no subject)

Welcome to the list. My name is pagh, and I am the current Beginners'
Grammarian for the list. It's my job to help beginners' learn Klingon.
Whenever you have a post you want help with, mark it for my attention by
putting the letters KLBC in the subject line.

lab Bat'leth:

> i'm trying to translate something and well i think i could use
> some help on it, so here is one phrase i'm having problems with
> if anyone wants to help me please do so.

> Show me the fish of your brother, Raoul

> i came up with:
> Raoul 'amg jIH 'bIQDep'a SoH ioDnI'

> if anyone comes up with something else can you please send me
> what you came up with?

It looks like you've gotten hold of The Klingon Dictionary, but you skipped
the grammatical sketch and went right to the word list. If you want to learn
Klingon, you really need to read the grammar section (chapters 1 through 6)
a few times.

The phrase you came up with is a bit complex, and you should probably start
with some simpler ones. After some practice, you should be able to translate
the your phrase. For now, try translating these sentences:

I am hungry.
I ate the pie.
The targ bit the Ferengi.
The Ferengi bit the targ.