tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Nov 28 23:10:08 1998

Re: prepositional phrases

lab Avi:

> In this case, I am trying to translate, 'So we sat in the house.'

This one is not even controversial. The "in the house" applies to the whole
sentence, and for this <-Daq> works just fine.

juHDaq maba'.

> When I'm done with a few pages at least, I'll post what I have
> for discussion.

I encourage you to post smaller bits, and do it sooner and more often. It's
easier for me - I don't have to wade through a long post with lots of
corrections. It's also easier for you - you get to see what you are doing
right and what you are doing wrong before you write a whole lot of text.

> By the way, though my email says 'Avraham', call me 'Avi'.

lu'.

pagh
Beginners' Grammarian

Back to archive top level