tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Nov 23 08:28:18 1998

Re: *Esperanto*tlhIngan Hol je

On Sun, 22 Nov 1998 21:31:59 -0800 (PST) Pam Felton
<[email protected]> wrote:

> Alan Anderson wrote:
> > chaq SoHvaD mughqang vay'.
>
> tugh vImugheghlaH.  (That's supposed to be "Soon I will be able to translate it
> myself".  I don't think I can use -egh like that but take pity on me.  I've been
> moving stuff to my new apartment all day and my father-in-law packed up all my
> Klingon stuff and took it to Pittsburgh.  I'm a little crippled now.  I didn't
> realize my TKD & KGT were gone until I got these last 27 messages and went to
> translate them.

For one thing, the suffixe is {-'egh} not {-egh}. There is a
misprint in the dictionary that stands alone with several
counterexamples setting it straight. Secondly, you are right,
you can't use {vI-} with {-'egh}. The object of a verb with
{-'egh} is the subject. To express the idea you want, you should
just say:

tugh vImughlaH jIH!

The emphasizing of the subject with an explicit pronoun takes
care of the English helper word "myself".

> K'ryntes

charghwI' 'utlh

Back to archive top level