tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Nov 19 09:00:15 1998

Re: Canonical Question: Radio Times?

: He wrote it. It was a humorous article in which he translated
: several rather Brittish phrases into Klingon. More precisely,
: {ghaytanHa'} was translated by Okrand as "Not bloody likely!"

Even more precisely, the phrase was {ghaytanHa' jay'}.  BTW, this is a very
nice example of how to use {jay'}.

Niall Hoskings was kind enough to post the tlhIngan Hol phrases to this list
when it appeared in August 1996, but I'd really like to see Okrand's comments
in full.  Does anyone happen to have a copy of that Radio Times article they'd
be willing to xerox for the Ca'Non Master's files?  In fact, Lawrence should
have a copy for the KLI's archives as well.

: There are still more words coming. For anyone who can find it,
: Okrand wrote the legend for a poster of a cutaway Bird Of Prey
: that supposedly has lots of new words on it. I have not found it yet.
:
: charghwI' 'utlh

majQa'!  Let's hope Lawrence is able to offer it through the KLI Merchant
page:  the Klingonists' one-stop Klingon shop.

Voragh                            "Grammatici certant et adhuc sub judice
Ca'Non Master of the Klingons      lis est."         Horace (Ars Poetica)

Back to archive top level