tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Nov 14 23:35:53 1998

RE: KLBC an attempt at Klingon

>Close. The suffix <-lI'> is used for "beings capable of language", and a
>trip does not qualify. For anything other than "beings capable of using
>language" (e.g. animals, inanimate objects, events, abstract concepts, etc.)
>the suffix is <-lIj>. Also remember that Klingon distinguishes between the
>singular and plural forms of "you". You are probably using the singular, but
>if you are using the plural, the suffix is <-raj>.
>
>lenglIj -- your journey
>
>pagh

pagh-
  Thanks for the help here. I now better understand that the suffix that
modifies the word it is attached to deals more with the word it is
modifying and not the subject of the sentence. I chose the -lI' suffix
because I was thinking of the subject of the sentence and not the fact that
the suffix was modifying a non-sentient object.  Thanks again.

  Qapla'!

  ~v~ QaneS ~v~

Back to archive top level