tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Nov 12 18:49:06 1998

RE: KLBC an attempt at Klingon

lab QaneS:

> nuqneH!
>   I am very limited in my knowledge of Klingon atm,as I am still
> in the process of learning.  However,I am trying to express a
> thought to someone and I need to make sure that I have the
> suffix right.
>
>   The (part of the) thought that I need help with is saying your
> journey. The closest that I came to journey was the word leng
> which is trip,voyage (which suits my purpose) and the suffic lI'
> for your. (for objects capable of using language).  So I came
> up with:
>
>   lenglI'  --your journey
>
> Qapla'!!

Close. The suffix <-lI'> is used for "beings capable of language", and a
trip does not qualify. For anything other than "beings capable of using
language" (e.g. animals, inanimate objects, events, abstract concepts, etc.)
the suffix is <-lIj>. Also remember that Klingon distinguishes between the
singular and plural forms of "you". You are probably using the singular, but
if you are using the plural, the suffix is <-raj>.

lenglIj -- your journey

pagh
Beginners' Grammarian

Back to archive top level