tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Nov 05 20:49:53 1998

Re: KLBC: pagh, choqeS

TPO wrote:

> >I could stop posting to the list and spend more time studying and
> >then come back when I'm better but I really want to be here.
>
> When I first started I got totally swamped also.
> I had a mail folder that I would put many of the longer tlhIngan-Hol
> messages into so I could translate them later.  Ya, right!
> So I ended up missing a lot of the longer postings (even the ones in english).

*whew*  I guess I'm traveling a well-worn path. :)

> Don't leave.  Just keep reading.  You WILL improve.
>
> When reading, if you come to a word you can't remember, don't stop and look
> it up.  Keep reading.  With more context you might recall the word, or at
> least figure out the basic idea of what's being talked about.

How did you learn vocab?  Flashcards or just experience?

> I used to spend a lot of time reading this list (and missing the lengthy ones).
> Now I read klingon almost as fast as english.
> (I've been here two years)

Wow! :D  It's gonna feel great when I can do that.  Right now I usually read from
right to left.  Is that how you do it or will I get used to the object-verb-subject
structure?  Heck, sometimes when there's a subordinate clause, I start reading in
the middle. :)

K'ryntes

Back to archive top level