tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Nov 02 21:59:03 1998

Re: KLBC: jabbI'ID wa'DIch [ {wa'DIch jabbl'ID} 'oHpu' ]

ja'pu' qonwI':
>jIjat'a'? jItulbe'! mujchugh mu'meywIj, jIQoS.

ja' pagh:
>I will comment on the last line, though. Even with perfect grammar, you
>still sound like a Terran.

While qonwI' has written grammatical sentences, I don't think they mean
what is intended.  I read the first words as "Do I mumble?  I do not hope."
I assume the second sentence should have been "I hope I do not mumble", or
{jIjatbe' 'e' vItul}.

ja' qonwI':
>DaHjaj tlhInganpu' mu'ghom vIje'ta'. vIlaD 'ej vIghoj.
>
>[vIghoj: "I learn it (where it = TKD)". I wanted to say 'I (will) learn
>/from/ it'. Would -moH work here? 'vIghojqangmoH' = 'I am willing for it
>to teach [me]' ??]

There are several possibilities.  {'oHmo' jIghoj} is very close to the
English phrasing of "I will learn from it."  I myself would be a little
more specific and say {jIghojmeH vIlaD}.

-- ghunchu'wI'

Back to archive top level