tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Mar 26 19:17:10 1998

Re: Mike's New Handle!

From: Steven Boozer <[email protected]>
>Of course, Vok {voq} - accused of murdering Pok's father - means "trust"!
>And qelayn reminded off-list that Pok {poq} means "indigestion".  I wonder
>if these were Okrand's jokes or Hilary Bader's (who wrote the script).

Are these names actually given their tlhIngan Hol pronunciation somewhere?
On KCD, the transliteration of the way they say "Vok" and "Pok" is {vaq} and
{paq}.  "Mock" and "book" are pretty weird.

Or perhaps the actors just mispronounced everything—again.

SuStel
Stardate 98233.8

Back to archive top level