tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Mar 21 13:06:08 1998

Re: WHO WROTE THIS???

At 15:27 98-03-20 -0800, DaraQ wrote:
}Klingonists,
}
}A friend of mine sent me this I have not Idea who really translated it
}into klingon.
}
}Does anyone know who translated "Nights in White Satin" into Klingon?
}And are there any corrections you would recomend, like "Qum" is used as a
}noun.

I don't know the original, and I can't understand this well enough to
correct any of it.  Adverb placement is consistently weird.  There's a rover
after a type-9; perhaps {'IHwI' lutu'pa'be' reH mInDu'wIj} is supposed to
mean "Not before my eyes always observed the beautiful thing,"  but I still
don't know what *that* is supposed to mean.  HIja' and HISlaH aren't
appropriate for makeweight "yeah yeah yeah."

}> rammey QongSutDaq chIS (juStIn HaywarD, 1967)
}>
}> mev not rammey QongSutDaq chIS.
}> Qummey vighItlhpu', ngeH not vIHech.
}> 'IHwI' lutu'pa'be' reH mInDu'wIj.
}>
}> 'ej qamusHa', HISlaH qamusHa'.
}> HIja' qamusHa'.
}>
}> tay' ghopDu'chaj Hot'bogh ghotpu' vIbej.
}> 'oy''a'wIj luyajbe'.
}> qechmeybogh HublaHbe' muja'nID ghotpu'.
}> netbogh DamojneH Damojbej.
}>
}> 'ej qamusHa', HISlaH qamusHa'.
}> HIja' qamusHa'. HIja' qamusHa'.