tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Mar 05 04:17:49 1998

Re: qacheghlu'

You wrote:

>Hi David,

Hello Qov,

>At 09:51 98-03-03 -0800, beHwI"av wrote:
>
>qaqaw, beHwI"av.  jIDaqtaHvIS, jIjeSchoHpa' bIjeS SoH. 'ej DaH BG jIH.

	If it's funny, I'm laughing. Otherwise I don't get it... (c:

>bIDachtaHvIS nI'bej poH.

	HIja'. tlhIngan Hol vIyapta'.
(Yes. I accomplished having enough of Klingon.)

>{''}-qoqlIjmo' ngach pabpo' 'e' vIqaw.

	 {"} lo'taH wa' tlhIngan 'e' jIH!
(One Klingon uses {"}, I am that Klingon!)

>BG jIHmo' HollIj Huj vIlISnIS ...

	bISagh! (c;

>}*KlI* qachegh.
>
>{chegh} is "return" not "return to" so {qachegh} means "I return you."

	Would {qacheghchoH} be better. Or should I add the locative
{-Daq}, because it's my destination...

>}tlhIngan HolwIj qaghoHa'.

	Done.

>I can't figure out where you are going with the next word. {qaghHa'} would
>be "misinterrupt" "interrupt badly" or possibly "I now return you to your
>scheduled programming" (i.e. end the interruption).

	I selected the last choice Qov; "I've uninterrupted ... " I
thought {-Ha'} was to undo something, in other words something like
"To undo the interruption ... "

>}yay qavan.

	Changed!

>}ghe'torDaq qa'urmangta'.
>
>{'urmang} is a noun, so verb prefixes and suffixes make no sense on it.  Try
>{ghe'torDaq qamaghta'} - "I have betrayed you in the underworld."  That what
>you meant?

	HIja'! jIqabne', jIlo'mo' qawwI'.
(Yes! I'm not bad, because I use my rememberer [memory/brain]) Looks
painful doesn't it, you should try saying it. (c;

>}choqawbe' choqawHa' pagh.
>
>"You don't remember me you misremember me nothing."

	Hurrah, it's correct!

>}ghojwI' qaQaQbe'!
>
>"Learner, I won't good you!"
>
>qech'e' 'oSbogh mu'tlheghvam vIyajchu'be', 'ach ghaytan teH.

	I think I meant; {qaQaQbe' ghojwI'!}, and if I take your
answer and my thoughts I get very worried.
	I wanted to use {-Ha'}, basically because I like that suffix
more than {-be'}, but I had and idea that I couldn't undo good... (c;

>}SKI:
>}beHwI"av says he's back from the dead. (c;}}}
>
>bIHeghbe'law'pu' 'ach Heghlaw'lI' HollIj.

	choDuQpu'Ha'!

>mu'meylIj veb yImugh 'ej qaboQ.

HIja!
	Don't worry this time around I'm starting from the beginning
and working upwards! Instead of starting at the end and getting
nowhere.

>}qul waQ ghaytan Heraj
>}SKI:
>}Likely fire obstructs your course.
>
>The adverb in Klingon must precede the OVS of the clause it modifies.  Note
>that's O-V-S: Object-Verb-Subject.   So: {ghaytan Heraj waQ qul}.

	Changed!

>bIyaj'a'?

HIja'!
	A word of warning I get my Objects and Subjects mixed up all
the time. I start practicing that and I'll put KLBC back into the
subject line from now on! Hell, I got one sentence right, I'm
celebrating!

>SKI: Qov remembers beHwI"av just barely, kind of the way beHwI"av remembers
>tlhIngan Hol. :P  Keep trying, beHwI"av, we'll get you back in shape.

	Couldn't you tell, I wrote the SKI for myself! (c;

>P.S. Your subject line: the {-lu'} suffix makes no sense with {qa-}.  I
>think you need to have a re-read of TKD.

	I realized that, I misremembered that one. (c;

>Qov     [email protected]
>Beginners' Grammarian

blaze your trail!
--
David Dune

Unsolicited commercial email read for $500 per message.

Back to archive top level