tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Mar 03 19:45:29 1998

Re: Did you receiv my msg?

At 18:34 98-03-03 -0800, edy wrote:

}>you a few weeks ago to "...try to stay away from topics that don't=20
}>have established vocabulary, and wait for a while before tackling=20
}
}    Yes .. I think I supestimate my klingon knoledge. I'm
}tranlating small texts in order to practise.
}
}>translation of someone else's writings."  I meant it.  I'll do this=20
}>one, but I'll probably throw further things like this back at you.

edy, ghunchu'wI' said: Don't translate other people's work.
That means: Write something of your own!  Not translate shorter things.
Just write in Klingon.  Here's a suggestion: choose two Klingon words at
random out of the dictionary.  Write a sentence that uses both of them.
Continue until you have five to ten sentences.  Look them over for grammar
and speling mistakes.  Submit to the list.

Qov     [email protected]
Beginners' Grammarian

Back to archive top level