tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Jun 26 09:23:47 1998

Klingon Blues?

(The original subject was KLBC, but this section didn't seem to be.  My
apologies to Qov if I'm overstepping.)

Tuv'el wrote:

> A Klingon musical scale might be something like:
> C,D,Eb,F,F#,G#,A,B,C
> C,D,Eb,F,F#,G,A,Bb,C
> C,Db,Eb,E,F#,G,A,Bb,C
> C,Db,Eb,E,F#,G#,A,B,C

  I found it intriguing that your second option, corresponds exactly to
what I learned as the "blues" scale, with the addition of the A.  Given
the Wagnerian nature of most Klingon music heard on Star Trek, the idea
of B.B. King picking on his leSpal and wailing something like the
following is... stimulating.

povam jIvem
QongDaqvo' jIHu'
nIQvaD jIleghDI'
SopwI'pa'Daq wa' Doch neH jItu'

qagh Qop *blues* jIghajtaH...

Jaes, with apologies to all blues-beings everywhere

Back to archive top level