tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Jun 24 15:04:47 1998

Re: KLBC - pach puqloD

From: Robyn Stewart <[email protected]>

>Also remember that ghItlh refers to the physical act of making marks
>and qon to the mental effort of composing.  I'd say {bIghItlhchu'} if
>you made no typos and {bIqonchu'} if you made no grammatical errors.

I don't think it works quite like that.  {qon} certainly does work where we
say "compose," but its literal meaning is still "record."  To me,
{bIqonchu'} means you copied something flawlessly, whether it be a normal
item, or from that nebulous place from which songs come.  If you make a
grammatical error in *songwriting* or *storytelling* (but not in just any
written composition), {bIqonchu'} may work, and flawed songs (including
those with grammatical errors) might exist in that place of songs, and may
be recorded.

I'd say making no grammatical errors would be something more like {mu'tlhegh
DachenmoHchu'}.

SuStel
Stardate 98477.5

Back to archive top level