tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Jun 18 03:11:05 1998

Re: RE: List of Klingon fauna

On Mon, 15 Jun 1998, Steven Boozer wrote:

> :> Both definitions of <pa'> are nouns. <pa'> - "there, over there,
> :> thereabouts (n)" (TKD).
> :
> :> pagh
> :
> : Ouch. My own word list agrees. I got the {adv} reference from
> : Holtej's pojwI'. Everyone else using pojwI' should take note of
> : this and edit your lexicon to correct it.
>
> Also correct {naDev} and {Dat}.  I had them listed as "adv." too for some
> reason - and I typed them into my own AKD myself without benefit of pojwI'.

First, I'm terribly embarassed about the /pa'/ mistake.  I tried to be
very meticulous with the lexicon, as anyone who closely examines the
curses listed in TKD will notice.  I've corrected it now and posted a new
lexicon to the website (with a few other minor corrections, too) (though
I haven't updated the text on the web page yet).

The other terms (/naDev/, /Dat/, /vogh/, etc.) are correctly listed.  It
appears to have been an isolated catastrophe.

> Those darn exceptions!  We sometimes forget that Okrand built in a few
> curves, just to make it more "naturalistic".  A lesson for all of us:
> *Always* check TKD before making an ex cathedra statement -- Klingon grammar
> may not work the way you remember.

And, always check TKD before relying on /pojwI'/ as a definitive source.
It's not.  I've tried my best, and I do continually update the lexicon.
But I don't think it'll ever be *perfect*.

> : charghwI'
>
> Voragh

--Holtej

Back to archive top level