tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Jun 15 08:22:13 1998

Re: KLBC

: I'm not sure if these are valid translations for the following words,
: but it's what I meant.

Just a couple of quick vocabulary notes (I'll leave the grammar for Qov or
pagh):

: poHHom = moment

Consider also {lup} "second" or {tup} "minute" -- though *{poHHom} isn't
bad.  *{poHHom machqu'} might be more accurate, if less poetic.

: poHwI' = clock/timer

A "chronometer" is {tlhaq}, as in {tlhaqwIj chu'Ha'lu'pu'} "My chronometer
has stopped" (TKD App. of Useful Phrases).  *{poHwI'} is a "timer", which to
me sounds like a stop watch, or even a count-down detonator (which wouldn't
be bad imagery for a Klingon poem, come to think of it).

: - tuv'el pach puqloD

Voragh

Back to archive top level