tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Jun 11 16:01:06 1998

Re: Relative clauses

I won't go into detail about why I think peHruS's question contains some
unstated and incorrect assumptions; I won't even repeat it here.  But his
example sentences are all quite easily translated using a particular
method.

>I know why the serpent worms are in the sauce.

ghevI'Daq 'oHtaH qagh'e'.  meq vISov.

>I know what the restaurant normally serves.

roD vay' jab Qe'.  nay' vISov.

>I see how the cook prepares the dumplings.

chab vut vutwI'.  mIw vIlegh.

>I told the warriors how many prisoners to kill.

'op Qama' HoHrup SuvwI'pu'.  chaHvaD mI' vIwIv.

>The warriors don't go to the places where we found the prisoners.

pa' Qama'pu' DISampu'.  DaqmeyvetlhDaq jaHbe' SuvwI'pu'.

>Maybe I can clear this up yet and not have to ask again.

matullaH neH.

-- ghunchu'wI'

Back to archive top level