tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Jun 02 14:58:18 1998

Re: Beginner's questions

: According to dragonwulf:
: > I am also doing this with TKW. By the time I had done only five or
: >  six sentences, I was writing the occasional one with _no_ mistakes!
:
: That's impressive, considering that in TKW, a good bit of the
: pronunciation is rather dubious. They tried, and I respect them
: for it, and sometimes they passably succeed, but sometimes they
: fail miserably.
:
: charghwI'

BTW, did y'all catch Roxanne Biggs' little joke on the recent Voyager
episode "Hope and Fear".  When the alien (who had mastered Klingon after
only a glance at the Voyager's linguistics files) spoke his gibberish to
B'Elanna, she commented that she knew only "a few phrases".  Considering
that the actress had earlier recorded half of the TKW audiotape, that was
quite true.

I thought Biggs tried hard and her pronunciation on the tape was actually
pretty good - all things considered.  Certainly better than Michael "I am
Worf" Dorn's.

Voragh

Back to archive top level