tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Jun 02 13:30:19 1998

Re: Beginner's questions

According to dragonwulf:

> > .  Transcribing the two audiotapes is an excellent
> > way of learning the grammar and training your ear.
>
> I am also doing this with TKW.  By the time I had done only five or six sentences,
> I was writing the occasional one with _no_ mistakes!

That's impressive, considering that in TKW, a good bit of the
pronunciation is rather dubious. They tried, and I respect them
for it, and sometimes they passably succeed, but sometimes they
fail miserably.

> I will not be able to attend the qep'a' vaghDich so if someone would add my wishes
> to the wishlist for Mark Okrand they are:
>     New learning tapes
>     A word for wolf (or a wolflike animal)
>
> lung

charghwI'